Saturday, 24 August 2013
Limbo, Trailers and lots of talking.
Here I sit now in rendering limbo so I thought I'd update you all.
The First thing to report is that I've now posted a new teaser trailer on line, this can be found either on the website www.joandpetewedding.co.uk or on my youtube channel here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiDWzNBgqGs . I'd always planned on doing a trailer but knowing that Jo and Pete were both excited about seeing some footage spurred me on and it was a nice way to get me back into the editing frame of mind after a week off. The trailer actually turned out a lot different to the first cut of it. I wanted to use some footage that Neil (my fellow cameraman) shot on his journey over here and also some music he recommended but after having cut it together i couldn't quite make it work.
On to the actual DVD then. I've finished putting together the footage of outside the church which wasn't really a lot so it's not the longest segment in the dvd. I think this is another way in which this dvd differs from the others, normally the photos are taken at the church so the whole after the church and photos footage are normally put together in one whole segment. It actually turned out to be a good thing, not just because the Old Plough is a much better looking venue for photos but it gave me a chance to be a bit more creative with one of our normal wedding dvd staples. I'll explain, usually we film the journey from the church to the reception venue and speed it up and use it as a transition from the ceremony to the reception, because the bulk of the footage is at the reception I used it as an opportunity to show the reception/photo footage and breaks up the journey footage so it doesn't feel too much of a long watch and hopefully wont be one of those scenes thats always being skipped on the chapter select, If I do say so myself though it works really well.
So now i'm up to the speeches and the reason i'm in said rendering limbo (thanks for the long speeches guys) when I first skipped through the footage during my sorting phase at the start of al of this I was worried about the audio not sounding so great from the sound system, luckily though I've had another listen and all is well. This is the audio from the camera we had placed at the back, the sound is even better from the camera I was using since I was in the front row next to the top table, cant use it though, take this as a tip when filming any live event where audio is going to be the key element......move away from small talkative children!. Now I tend to not worry about kids making general kids noises because hey this is a live event and it's something I have no control in so I just carry on and hope it's not too intrusive with the audio. However when the child is your two year old who you have to sit next to because your wife is the chief bridesmaid and is on the top table things are different, and when that two year old is constantly declaring that they want to get out of the high chair that I put them in to stop them running around during dinner and that they want to go to the toilet, it pretty much makes that entire audio track unusable. On a good not though the audio quality is excellent so my choice in camera is justified.
So thats it for now once the speeches are done then it'll be on to the home stretch as far as the main bulk of it is concerned so hopefully I should have another update for you soon.
Steve
Confused about the picture? I typed "in Limbo" into google images and that was one of the pictures to come up, it completely irrelevant to the subject but hey who doesn't love Gizmo?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment