Sunday, 1 September 2013

The Final Furlong


In the last exciting instalment I was just about to start the speeches and I now I can hear you all eagerly waiting to find out where I'm at now, well..........it's done, in as much as it has a beginning, a middle and an end, i'm told it had to have an end because apparently putting one of those cliffhanger, "will they won't they" endings on a wedding dvd isn't the done thing, so as it's not my wedding i've decided to stick to convention on this one. So all thats left to do now is to give it a run-through on an actual TV, which normally involves me sitting with a note pad picking out all the things that don't work so I can make any changes, which I know is going to include spelling mistakes on the credits.

After the final checks and changes we're onto the special features, which pretty much gives me free reign to throw together all the stuff that was a little bit risqué for the main feature and also everything that was cut for timing and just general behind the scenes stuff. 

To anyone who left a message to Jo and Pete, if you watch the dvd and your message isn't on there or it's been cut down, don't worry because one of the special features I do is of all the messages unedited so they will see your message in all it's glory, as much as I'd love to put them all in we would end up rivalling the film Titanic in terms of length and lets face it nobody wants to associate a numb Gluteus Maximus when they think of their wedding dvd. The other issue would be that I would probably be looking at my first dvd with something other than a U rating, i'm thinking at least a 12 certificate.

I'd better get cracking then, i've got some good ideas for some features that hopefully will pan out and if they do then they could be the best we've done.

Until next time

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment