Here we are then on the 3rd of August and just over a week since I last posted, so for that I wanted to apologise for leaving you all waiting this long for the next thrilling instalment of this blog.......ahem.
So right now i've got a rough version of the introduction done, by rough I mean that it still needs some titles added and i'll more than likely throw a few extra bits in later down the line as I spot them whilst going through other footage. In case you're wondering, yes I did find the perfect music I was looking for but it was the one piece of music I wanted to avoid using, largely because I knew that I would be using it later on in the DVD and I avoided listening to it right until the end of my search but I knew from the second it started that it was the song I'd been looking for, in the end though I went with it, the way I see it other films can get away with repeating a song or part of the score over and over again, some of them so much that you want to press the mute button and then burn your remote control so that the sound may never be turned up again. There was of course a temptation to use another piece of music. I'll explain, as this is then end of our trilogy it's been quite tempting to put in a couple of throw backs to past DVDs we've done, either references to things from behind the scenes or to use certain songs that had been used previously. When I first started editing these I used to love using the insrumental version of the theme song from the TV show Due South, a show which I used to love and I think I used t a few times either for Intros or the background music for the DVD menus, so I almost used it for this...but rather than let this spiral into a nostalgia project I'm leaving this as It should be and that is Jo and Petes wedding and i'm going to try and make it as individual to them as I can and anything else can be left for DVD extras.
Don't worry because I haven't been working this long and only just finished the intro, I'm also most of the way through the ceremony, which I have to say has been more of a challenge this time. It's been worse, especially when at one point I was using windows movie maker which only let you work with one video and one audio track, which also needed the use of my limited maths skills, in fact looking back now I'm surprised any of it was in sync or even made sense. This is the longest service i've worked on clocking in at around 45 minutes and it's also the first time we've used three cameras or four if you count the camera solely capturing audio. So this has seemed like a longer process this time around, on the up side though is that using more cameras means that everything is covered and in the event of a missed shot or some severe shaky cam i've always got two other shots to choose from so hopefully the whole thing will be a lot more varied by the end of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment