Monday, 22 July 2013

The Edit: An Introduction

So with this first post I thought i'd give a little introduction and some motivation behind this blog. On Saturday the 20th of July two of my good friends got married and, as the case has been been for quite a while now I've been asked, along with my other good friend Neil to film the wedding and create the DVD. Neil and myself have been doing this along with Pete (the groom in this case) since my wedding in 2004 and we've been involved in the filming of friends and family's weddings and other events ever since.

So whats different this time?

Well for us this is the end of the "trilogy" our Return of the King if you like, Pete is the last of the crew (that's crew as in camera crew, not the other way, there's no way we're street enough for that) to get married so it holds some significance. Now thats not to say that this is the end, not for me anyway, I cant really speak for the others but if a friend asks then i'll be more than happy to do it, in fact as hard a work as it can be I do enjoy doing it.

Why the blog?

Well since i've got into the whole blogging thing with my other blog http://steveig77.blogspot.co.uk (sorry, shameless plug) and the fact that this is the end of an era I thought it would be good to chart the ups and downs of making this DVD and it give people a good idea of where I am in the making of it, plus it saves the conversation of "hows the DVD going" "yeah good" and then me boring people with the details, so the plan is that I can bore people this way and they can chose to read or not. I'm also going to apologise in advance if the blog gets a bit technical but don't worry if you don't understand some of it because chances are I wont either so any tech support will be appreciated.

Shouldnt you be editing the thing rather than blogging about it?

True, but the plan is that I'll be updating the blog whenever stuff is converting or rendering or when I hit an editors block (not sure if thats a real thing) or if I just get plain fed up of editing for the evening. I also have a family to spend time with other wise i'll be a 33 year old divorced man editing videos at his mums house so a break in editing is alway a wise option.

So that's the blog I hope you enjoy it over the coming weeks, i'll try and keep it as light as possible and I'll try not to post anything too dull.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment