It's now the 22nd of July 2 days AW (after wedding) and so far i've managed to get all the footage transferred across and put into categories to make editing easier and renaming. For those who are interested i've 53GB with of footage all in stunning HD, now the next job will be to convert it all to a file format that works with Final Cut which should be quite straightforward but time consuming.
While looking back at the footage you come to realise how much of the day you've actually missed due to filming and if I think about it I don't really get to experience the special day that everyone else experienced until I sit and go through the various footage, because although you're there your not really focusing on the wedding but trying to get the best footage that you can to make the couple proud and being as they're your friends you put everything you've got into making it special for them. Thats not to say that I regret doing this because I really don't and quite honestly I wouldn't have it any other way.
On another note I've got to say, and this is by no means a criticism of other weddings i've done, this has been the most fun wedding i've shot, just in terms of sheer content and the amount of footage i've got to work with, in fact i've almost got to much. Normally the DVD I do clock in at about an hour, with this one however I think this will literally be our Return of the King in length alone and i'm talking the extended cut here.
Anyway enough from me for now ad hopefully next time I post the conversion will be done adn the editing will have started.
Steve

No comments:
Post a Comment